GUITAR WORKSHOP FOR COMPOSERS
|GUITAR WORKSHOP FOR COMPOSERS|
|Deadline:||15 July 2017|
|Date Posted:||28 March 2017|
Instructors: Felipe de Almeida Ribeiro (Composition) and Eric Moreira (Guitar) Date: between November 2nd and 4th, 2017 (from 9am to 12pm)|
Course credit hours: 9 hours
The Guitar Workshop for Composers will be lead by composer Felipe de Almeida Ribeiro4 and guitar performer Eric Moreira5, both members of the Ensemble Můbile6. The workshop features the examination of several issues on composition and interpretation, with a special emphasis on musical notation and extended techniques for classical guitar within the perspective of 20th and 21st centuries composers. Selected composers will have the opportunity to take lessons with both instructors (in English or Portuguese), and at the end of the workshop all compositions will be performer and recorded (audio and video) for the Symposiumís Proceedings.
1. Each selected composer will write one miniature for guitar. There will be 09 seats for active participants and 11 seats for passive participants.
2. Requirements: currently enrolled as undergraduate or graduate composition student.
3. There are no fees.
4. Applications must include:
a. Application form (at the end of this document);
b. Scores (pdf) and recordings (mp3 or video) of two recent pieces that better describe your current poetic and technical level. Note: the application process does not require the submission of the guitar miniature. We understand that this is a requirement only for selected composers.
5. Submissions that do not follow these instructions will be disqualified.
6. Please send your application to: email@example.com
6. Miniatures must be written for classical nylon guitar (6 strings), with duration up to 2 minutes.
7. Workshop attendance is required.
8. The Symposiumís organization has no scholarships or traveling grants. However, we will be glad to send you an acceptance letter for grant applications in your country. We can also help finding student or homeshare accommodations.
9. After the workshop, audio and video recordings will be available at the Symposiumís Proceedings.
10. Please send the score of your miniature to: firstname.lastname@example.org
July 15: Deadline for application (active and passive participants).
August 15: Selected participants notification.
August 15-20: Period to confirm attendance.
October 01: Deadline to send score (selected composers).
November 01-04 Begin of the IX Academic Guitar Symposium.