Listenpony Open Call
|Listenpony Open Call|
|Summary:||Open call for composers|
|Deadline:||23 April 2017|
|Date Posted:||19 April 2017|
Listenpony is excited to be running an open call for our next concert, in collaboration with Waterloo Festival. |
Entries are open to any composer based in the UK at the time of the concert, or the two weeks before (concert 6 June).
The winner will be awarded a £500 commission to write a 5 minute piece for either Stephen Upshaw or the Magnard ensemble, a premiere in London as part of Listenpony's Waterloo Festival concert, and possible commercial release on Listenpony's record label.
We'd like hear your best work. We're particularly interested to hear some solo / chamber music of around 5 minutes in length! No worries if you don't have exactly that though, just send in what you're most proud of.
We're running this open call through our usual system, which is completely anonymous. Details below. Looking forward to hearing your work!
The details of the commission opportunity are as follows:
• Waterloo Festival Commission: Stephen Upshaw (viola) or Magnard Ensemble (wind quintet)
o Application deadline 23 Apr 2017
o Winners announced by 25 April 2017
o Commissioned piece deadline 20 May 2017
o Premiere: 6 Jun 2017, venue tbc, London, UK (event information here)
You may begin an application using the form below. Here is some information about the application process:
• You'll need to submit 3 Soundcloud links of your work, and 3 corresponding PDFs (max 10MB each) of the sheet music.
• The audio must be hosted on Soundcloud, with no exceptions, for administrative reasons. Our system ensures that the audio remains anonymous to the judges. Here is some information on how to upload to Soundcloud
• Private Soundcloud links are fine. Here is some information on how to generate a private sharing link on Soundcloud.
• Names must be removed from all submitted PDFs.
• Identifying information in the Soundcloud sound file (like a spoken introduction naming the composer) must be removed.
• The Soundcloud audio will be rendered anonymously during adjudication. Any information or metadata on the soundcloud site will not be visible during adjudication.
• Your application will remain anonymous throughout the adjudication procedure.
• You may start your application and resume it later. You will be emailed a secure link to your personal application.
• Judges will not be able to see your PDFs during the preliminary rounds of adjudication.
• The judges will be the Listenpony artistic directors, external advisers and the performers of each concert.
• Composers previously commissioned by Listenpony may not apply.
• Full terms and conditions can be found here.