2017 Wilmslow Parish Church Organ Composition Contest
|2017 Wilmslow Parish Church Organ Composition Contest|
|Summary:||Organ Composition Competition|
|Deadline:||31 July 2017|
|Date Posted:||08 February 2017|
St Bartholomew’s Church, Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK announces a special Organ Composition Contest for composers of all ages and nationalities to celebrate the renewal and augmentation of the organ (affectionately known as Oscar) by York Pipe Organs. The winner of the contest will win a prize of £150, with prizes of £100 for second place and £50 for third. The 3 winners will have their pieces performed at the Festival Dedication Service on Advent Sunday 2017. In addition the 3 winning pieces will be published in a book called “Oscar’s Organ Book” by the online music publishing firm www.fagus-music.com.|
All submissions must be received via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or postal mail (28 Bracadale Drive, Davenport, Stockport, SK3 8RS, UK) by 11:59 pm on 31st July 2017.
1. The contest is open to composers of any age or nationality in any style of music.
2. The piece, for solo organ of 3 manuals and pedals, must be unpublished, never performed, 5-8 minutes in length and of approximately grade 7 standard.
3. The piece must be appropriate for performance in a celebration concert, however a religious theme is not necessary.
4. Submissions will be accepted in one of the following forms: Sibelius 4, Midi file, PDF file or original manuscript. Manuscripts will not be returned.
5. All submissions will be reviewed without prejudice to style, content or form.
6. Composers must submit a short biography.
7. All submissions must be received via postal mail or email by 11:59pm on 31st July 2017.
8. The winner of the contest will win a prize of £150, with prizes of £100 for second place and £50 for third. The 3 winners will have their pieces featured in the Festival Dedication Service on Advent Sunday 2017 (3rd December). In addition the 3 winning pieces will be published in a book called “Oscar’s Organ Book” by the online music publishing firm www.fagus-music.com.,these prizes are all inclusive and no other expenses shall be paid to the composers.
9.The church reserves the right to host the world premiere of the pieces.
10.The results will be posted on the church website on 1st September 2017.