Coventry University INTIME Symposium - Composers' Competition
|Coventry University INTIME Symposium - Composers' Competition|
|Summary:||Prize for string scores|
|Deadline:||07 July 2012|
|Date Posted:||22 June 2012|
We invite composers to submit previously unperformed pieces for solo cello (with or without electronics) to be premiered at the INTIME 2012 Symposium by Madeleine Shapiro. Further performances may be forthcoming at the discretion of Madeleine Shapiro. The winner is expected to attend the Symposium and a bursary of up to £350 to support attendance is available.|
Deadline: 7July 2012
Guidelines and rules for entry:
1. The age limit is 30 years (since 1/1/82), unless you are an enrolled student (p/t and f/t), in which case there is no age restriction
2. Duration: 8 minutes max.
3. Compositions must not have been previously performed and must have been composed in the last three years
4. Compositions must be submitted as a pdf and may include an additional computerised audio (mp3)
5. Compositions must be submitted online at: www.coventry.ac.uk/intime
6. Only one entry per composer is allowed
7. Compositions must be anonymous; present scores (and audio, if appropriate) anonymously, but include a covering letter with your name and the title of your composition – see online
8. Compositions should be for concert cello with or without live electronics/fixed media, and may involve theatre.
9. Submissions should include proof of date of birth (such as a copy of birth certificate, passport or driving license) or a letter with university/college stamp giving details of current enrolment. For proof of age, DO NOT send original documents.
10. Copyright remains with the composer
11. The judges are Madeleine Shapiro, Dr John Habron, Dr Christopher Hobbs and Dr Tom Williams. The judges’ decision is final. The judges are not obliged to select a winner and correspondence with candidates will not be entered into.
12. Deadline: 7th July 2012