The PRS has just announced the twelve UK composers who will receive funding ‘to enable them to realise projects and ambitions that may not be possible through traditional commissioning models.’ They (and their associated projects) are:
• Ed Bennett – Researching and composing music around early phonograph field recordings of Irish traditional song, working with the Crash and Decibel ensembles.
• Gary Carpenter – Recording and releasing a CD of four orchestral works with the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra.
• Jessica Curry – Composing new music for her unaccompanied choral music and creating a specialised keyboard.
• Shiva Feshareki – Composing an orchestral commission for the London Contemporary Orchestra and curations with Eliane Radigue, Lee Gamble, Kit Downes, and Laura Marling.
• Stuart MacRae – Developing a dramaturgy and libretto to be premiered at the Lammermuir Festival, East Lothian in 2019.
• John McLeod – Recording four orchestral works, with the Royal Scottish National Orchestra including one featuring Dame Evelyn Glennie.
• Hilda Paredes – Researching a monodrama on the life of Harriet Tubman.
• Lynne Plowman – International promotion for four operas and other key pieces.
• Gwyn Pritchard – Researching and composing an orchestral work for the German orchestra: Jenaer Philharmonie,
• Philip Venables – Developing techniques to combine spoken word, visual text, song and music for a theatre project.
• James Weeks – Researching and composing a substantial piece for solo violin with the violinist Mira Benjamin
• Elizabeth Winters – Composing a number of chamber works, working with Rarescale chamber ensemble, Estrilda Trio, and violinist Marie Schreer.
See here for more information.
|4930 Page Views|
|Christian Morris's C:T Profile:||Christian Morris|
|Christian Morris's Personal Website||http://www.christianmorris.net|
|Copyright © www.compositiontoday.com 2004-2017. All rights reserved. | Terms & Conditions | Privacy | About Us | Contact Us ||